Friday, August 13, 2010

Give Me A NIche

Whats-hot-weekly.com was originally GiveMeANiche.com.  I was trying to basically create a site that used the eBay API to help one find cool niche marketing ideas. The "Most Searched" keyword feature was originally used on GiveMeANiche.com.

When I wrote Whats-hot-weekly.com, I created "Most Watched Items" features as the main part of the site. The "Most Searched" feature was added later, and I just pointed GiveMeANiche.com to Whats-hot-weekly.com as a redirect. It has been this way for about two years. 

Recently, I decided to go back to our original idea. We wanted GiveMeANiche.com to be true to its name. We wanted it to give us new niche ideas with the click of a button. So, that's exactly what I built, a simple web app with one big button. Try it out and see what kind of niche ideas you can get.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Randy,

    I just came across your site and I want to encourage you to continue your work. I too have been at this for a very long time with the same objective in mind. That's what's led me here. I'm going to put a link to your site and blog on my site and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randy,
    I recently became aware of your site and really liked using it. Just recently, in the past week, I have found that it won't load anything when I type in a search term. Do you have any idea on your end why that might happen? Everything else on my pc seems to be ok. Thanks for any insight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I just tried it and it worked. You may want to make sure that you have it in the correct category for your search. Let me know if you have any more information about how I can replicate the issue. I'll fix it if I can find a way to replicate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and to clarify, the feature i am trying to use is the "most watched"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the keywords, country, and category you are using in your search?

    ReplyDelete
  6. key words: red suede ugg

    country: usa

    category: clothing/women's shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. key words: ugg boots

    country: usa

    category: women's shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugg boots works for me in women's shoes, however, red suede ugg doesn't give any results. I see a lot of ugg boots and shoes with different searches.

    ReplyDelete