Sunday, June 14, 2009

3/10 pagerank after update and eBay's new w00t clone.

I'm pretty happy with my new pagerank on http://whats-hot-weekly.com. I was coasting along with a pagerank of 0, and after Google's recent update to pagerank, I'm up to a 3. I know most people couldn't care less about my pagerank. I was just surprised at the jump.

In other news, eBay has started a new "idea" called daily deals. They feature a very low priced items each day and sell a limited amount of them. This is like woot.com for those who may be familiar. It's a good idea but like I said, "It's been done." They are promoting it pretty heavily. I'm guessing that means someone in upper management came up with the idea and thinks it'll be the saving grace of eBay.

eBay should have stuck with what worked for them. They are THE auction website on the net. No one else even comes close. However, they are trying to be more like Amazon.com. They are trying to steer away from the "flea market" atmosphere. That's why you see so many "Buy it Now" auctions and classified ads on eBay these days. Now, with the Woot remake they are again trying something new.

Their auction model is what makes them eBay. They should focus on making eBay the best auction site again and create another site if necessary for "buy it now" and classified ads.

At any rate, I wish them luck with the woot concept. If you want to see what it's all about, check out the front page of whats-hot-weekly.com. I added a banner on the page to show the daily deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment