Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great deal number one.

Here is the first great deal I found using my new whats-hot-weekly.com application. I mentioned this on my first post but I thought it would be good to show the actual product I was talking about. This most popular item on ebay is in the Computers and Networking category. The actually eBay category ID is 58058.

These are transparent to the user through the use of the dynamic menu on the left of whats-hot-weekly.com. This menu isn't on the static version of the site yet. However, they can still be used by affixing the category ID to the end of the url.

For instance, to create a static page for the computers and networking category, all one has to do is use this URL:

http://whats-hot-weekly.com/static.php?catID=58058

This is pretty simple. catID is used as a POST variable. The only problem is that the user would have to know the category number. I personally find this by using the firebug extension in Firefox and using it on the main site of whats-hot-weekly.com.

On to the actual subject here, the deal. The deal is a $1 Web Cam. This webcam would be great for Skype and other video conferencing software.

I'll keep an eye out for other great deals, but why wait for me. The tool is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment