Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Zippo Pipe Lighters

I've recently taken up pipe smoking. I quit smoking cigarettes last September. I realized that I still wanted to "smoke" but I don't want to actually inhale. So I just puff on my pipe to relax. Of course, I get a bit of nicotine from it but it really isn't as habit forming.

So I decided I needed a good lighter. Seasoned pipe smokers will tell you that butane lighters burn too hot and aren't good for lighting a pipe. Your best bet is to go with a zippo pipe lighter. These are great for lighting a pipe because they are specially designed with a hole in the side. This allows for easier pipe lighting.

I did a quick search at whats-hot-weekly.com and sure enough, ebay is full of them. I'll probably grab one of the cheap, plain metal zippos. I've lost probably $500 worth of zippos in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment