Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's hot weekly

In case you haven't heard, I just released a great new tool for finding the best deals on eBay. This tool allows you to search by category or keyword. I wrote most of the site in javascript. It is ajax driven, which really just means that the data loads without a page load.

There is also a static version of the site. I wrote this so users could link to specific searches.

There are many uses for this type of site. For instance, you could look for the best deals, which I already stated. You could also look for what everyone is interested in. This could give you a good idea of what items would sell the best on ebay.

I found some great deals using the tool. There is a webcam going for $1 in the computers & networking category. The last I looked it had over 8000 sold.

The app shows the number of watchers, the number of bids, and the current bid price. For "buy it now" auctions, the bid count will be the number of items sold in the auction.

I hope you enjoy, whats-hot-weekly.com. Check back in the future for updates on the development process.

No comments:

Post a Comment